Dewdrops on Leaves

Dewdrops on Leaves
"Send down the dew, ye heavens, from above, and let the clouds rain the Just One: let the earth be opened, and bud forth the Redeemer."

Sunday 18 December 2011

4th Sunday of Advent

Prayer:   Come, Lord Jesus to me today, not just in my quiet times, but when I am fighting my way through the shops, dodging prams and skidding children, when I’m waiting in the ever-longer queues at the Post Office and in the Supermarket, when I’m frantically pulling out the burning mince pies from the oven, or looking for those Christmas cards I know I put away safely last year or....  well Jesus you know it all. 

Come especially during my busy days to help me to make a space for you, to show me how to draw my breath and make the world around me sane again.  And in the quiet times at the end of each day, come afresh and make me smile, give me the hope that this Christmas you will reach out to me in a special way, heal me, reconcile me, love me!  Bless me and all those I hold dear. 

Maranatha, Come Lord Jesus!





No comments:

Post a Comment